Who is financing the Land claims?

31.  Who is financing the Land claims?

Trust Board Reply:

All Treaty Claims that confirm they are the body mandated by their iwi to negotiate and settle their Claim are funded by the Crown, usually through the Office of Treaty Settlements, to research, negotiate and settle those Claims.

One reply

  1. This reply is not entirely correct as although OTS provide funds to the Trust Board to assist with the settlement process, up until recently (1 Jan 2012) those funds would have been deducted from our final settlement. As the Trust Board has already received $553,000 from OTS, do we know how much of this funding is going to be deducted from our final settlement?

    Please see all the funding details on the website.

Leave a Reply